Home Care after Erectile Dysfunction Surgery
Keep the area clean and dry for 48 hours. After that time, you may shower with NO direct water contact for 5 days. However, after 5 days, hot water soaks are recommended 3 times per day.
- Anti-inflammatories, such as ibuprofen, may be used for post-operative discomfort.
- Remove dressing after 24 hours.
- Apply ice to scrotum 5 times per day, 30 minutes at a time, for 1 week after the procedure.
- A pressure bag will be kept on your incision for 2 hours in the recovery room.
- Scrotal support should be used for the first 10 days after the procedure.
- No sutures will need to be removed.
Ten days after the procedure, please begin to locate the inflate and deflate mechanisms of the pump in the scrotum, but do not use the device. Begin to gently pull down on the pump mechanism and perform deep tissue massage to the pump area.
Inflation and deflation teaching will be done 3-4 weeks after the procedure.
Please call us if:
- Your temperature is greater than 101.5
- Your skin appears very red or hot
- You have difficulty voiding
Dr. Lowe’s Nurse: Julia (614) 788-2878
Dr. Lowe’s MA: Sue (614) 788-2873
Bing office: (614)788-2870
You may also use MyChart to send a query or email Dr. Lowe at email@example.com with concerns. This may require several days for a reply.